XJO 0.45% 8,128.4 s&p/asx 200

rebacka's - groggy bull - thursday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

I have no train photos today. You'd think I'd have my act together since I'm only doing a couple of crankers a week.

Here's a pic from the old days. I grew up near Lake Charm in Victoria. That's me in the front and mum in the blue bathers.

Sunny days fishin' and skiin' in 1964.

Yes, yes I know. You prefer the trains..let me explain why I've been slack after I chuck in our man of the hour.

Of course its Mr Redbacka. Sickeningly reliable. Exasperatingly brimming with steadfast fortitudal integrity...and humble to boot.

This XJO'er is - like Chris Ford's (Fabio) good looks - impossible to live up to. Day after day of posts to an undeserving bunch of riff raff, yet he doesn't miss a beat.

REDBACKA the extraordinary.

Of course a few of us know Red's true identity. Spencer Tracy of course.

'...despite the Dow being negative, the action has to go to the bulls on the good move up from 11.30. But they do look a bit groggy. The bears still need a knock out punch...' Redbacka

Back to my story... or you may see it as 'my excuse'.

After coming back from Canada, Honeydew, impressed with my not losing any money on shares for two weeks, decided she wanted to co-habitate, shack-up, move in.

Snake Lady had flown the coup to Africa collecting dried tiger penises or some such so I thought.. 'Why not, try before you buy sounds sensible'!!

I have lived on my own in the interval xjo'ers. The house had become, some would say...overly bachelorised. Understandable as i see it. Long hours of work then crankering nightly

The move wasn't overly disastrous. Honeydew's greeting to me as I walked in on our first evening together...was.

My whistling of a happy tune turned into a dying wheeze as my eyes fell upon her decidedly, disgruntled expression.

I quote her tirade, word for word...

'How the hell have you lived like this. The place is filthy. It's infested with cockroaches'.

With that, one flew past my head, I ducked, whacked it while being thankful that she hadn't spotted the vermin poo at the back of the plastics cupboard.

I diverted her attention from the expanding wet spot on the kitchen ceiling and displayed my bag full of supplies. Rat sack and cockroach baits.

'See what I bought for you.' I said, 'Whats for tea?'

'Stuff the tea. The cat's stuck under the house and I need you to go and get it....and what's that wet spot on the ceiling'.

'Have you seen the body farm? I think it's possibly a decomposing rat. That's good news at least..ha ha'!?

She threw the rubbish bag at me trendsetters. I've created another monster.

Good luck today Xjo'ers.

--------------

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.