recall notice problem

1. 26,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    A few years ago I bought a top of the range LINDA electric blanket..the one with a 100% woolen top and digital detachable controllers, that have times etc to go on and off etc.
    A few weeks ago a nticed a recall notice for them, so i called the number, and gave them my details..my prduct was affected.
    They told me to throw the old one out and not use it, and they would send a replacement.
    the replacement arrived..my wife last night went to put it on our bed..i questioned her and said..didnt the old one have a woolen top..she said yes..then the controllers were the basic 3 settings only..
    We took it off the bed packed it up and contacted the company.
    the reply i got was they only send out the basic versin thats it..if I was unhappy i could send in the proof of purchase and get a refund...
    It was bought between 2008 and 2009 and i cant find the receipt..however i did find the original box..that had the price printed on it $249 and i still have the blanket and the controllers etc..
    So I emailed that to them and said that should suffice as proof of purchase...still waiting for a reply...the box also said 5 year replacement warranty....
    should they now pay me the amount...I am not sure what i paid for it..but the box says $249

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.