SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Recapitalisation Agreement – by an unsophisticated retail investor

1. 81 Posts.
    The deal is subject to a shareholder vote and court approval.

The debt would be reduced to $80 million, which is a modest debt for SGH. Existing shareholders would retain 4% of the company.

Free of its debt burden, SGH should be worth around $2 per share. (Assumes $60 million pa free cash flow, 5% pa cash earnings growth rate and 11% discount rate or a free cash flow multiple of 12)

So, $2 per share x 4% = $0.08 which just happens to be the current price.

This suggests the market is correctly valuing SGH unless a better offer is put on the table.

One final kicker – If I understand it correctly, any proceeds up to $250 million that SGH receives from a settlement with Watchstone will go to the lenders. Any shortfall in this amount will be paid to the lenders in more shares. This means the 4% share holdings for existing shareholders could drop to below 3%.

The offer is terrible, so I’ll be voting NO. It offers nothing to shareholders beyond the recent share price. On the other hand, the lenders stand to lose over $146 million in their debt investment plus the opportunity cost on a huge capital gain if shareholders vote no and SGH goes broke. It is because of this I’m hopeful of a better offer.

This is just the opinion of an unsophisticated retail investor and not advice, so decide at your own risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.