AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

Received from the Greens today

1. 419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    For the past few months, we’ve been pushing hard to ensure Australians with terminal illnesses, like brain tumours and other cancers, get fairer access to medical cannabis.

It hasn’t been easy. The government is determined to block this vital relief at every turn -- even resisting the will of the Senate to keep these legal treatments out of the hands of dying patients.

But, thanks to the support of people like you, we’ve kept medical cannabis on the parliament’s agenda. That’s why I’m pleased to tell you that tomorrow I’ll be bringing my bill to remove unfair restrictions to medicinal cannabis to a vote in the senate.

And the best news is, we’re in with a real chance of it passing the upper house!

As you know, access to medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Australians is not something which should be up for debate. Why should Australian patients who are dying be forced to continue to suffer when these treatments are readily available in other countries?

Tomorrow, I am optimistic that we will take a positive step towards faster access to legal medicinal cannabis for the most critically ill patients. You’ll be the first to hear whether we’re successful, and where the legislation goes next.

Thanks for your support on this important health issue, and for everything you do for the Greens.

Richard
    Last edited by deceit: 18/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.