AVH 0.38% $2.65 avita medical inc.

RECELL Clinical Education (Warning: Graphic Medical Images), page-9

1. 476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 986
    An interesting interview with the great Dr. Carter:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5883/5883749-3b8589e08d315774885907be33041eee.jpg

In this episode of “On Par,” hear from Dr. Jeffrey Carter, professor of surgery for LSU Health New Orleans and the Medical Director of the Burn Center for the University Medical Center New Orleans. He and his team developed a spray-on skin called ReCell, which has helped reduce the length of hospital stays and the mortality rate from burns by more than half. He’s a biomedical innovator and researcher who aggressively pursues healing and is passionate about teaching.

Jeffrey Carter, MD, is a professor of surgery for LSU Health New Orleans and the Medical Director of the Burn Center for the University Medical Center New Orleans. He serves on multiple health-related boards regionally and nationally and has been recognized with numerous teaching and research awards including the ABA Moyer Award His research interests include innovative technologies that advance burn care, healthcare economics, disaster preparation, and enhancing the burn workforce. Dr. Carter trains other doctors on burns and using the spray-on skin technology, which he began developing more than 10 years ago under a grant from the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine, or AFIRM.

The following extract sounds very promising for possible future developments in the wound care space:

[00:15:57] William F. Tate IV: Now, in the evolution of all your duties, I'm going to, I'm going to really tax you here. I always think the best researchers are the ones who can see the field before things really emerge and find that space. Now, there are some who do incremental work and incremental work is extremely important, as you know. But if you were going to project out today, what's the next big space in terms of research in burn care, what would you predict?

[00:16:25] Dr. Jeffrey Carter:
    What we're learning now is that we can create polymers and mix them with someone's cells so that we can actually create suspensions and cover wounds and heal things that we never thought could heal. What we're learning is that you don't necessarily need hot lights and cold steel, like an operating room, to heal everything. And this is changing our field dramatically. And that billion dollars that I mentioned that BARDA put in, those things were studied in isolation. So, there's a small group of us in the U. S. that are beginning to put those things together. And when we put that together, the results are outstanding. Things that used to be 30 days in the hospital, we can turn into three. That's a very different world.

Sounds like a familiar autologous skin cell suspension which received BARDA funding, combined with a skin substitute. I wonder if it's separate or related to:

“Physicians are using a range of various products in conjunction with RECELL. Currently doing animal testing with external products (dressings, scaffolds, dermal substitutes) that are complementary with RECELL to work out which ones will provide better outcomes for the patient and physician. Additional products to sell will increase sales efficiency. Expectation in the coming year (2024) to expand portfolio and there will be some form of co-development transaction with another company.” – JC Q3’24 Briefing.
    Last edited by saltland: 14/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.65
Change
-0.010(0.38%)
Mkt cap ! $183.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.68 $2.68 $2.64 $145.1K 54.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2579 $2.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.70 315 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.