Recent Extremely Popular IPO's and Results of buying on Open

1. 5,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    We are all focusing desperately on getting an allocation in extremely very good  highly sort after popular IPO's. I thought what if we buy on Open in the most recent popular heavily oversubscribed IPO's if we did not receive an allocation. The results were surprising to me. Please remember I only included very recent heavily over subscribed popular IPO's. So MGC and CGC are not included as they were not heavily over subscribed. This is what I found out. Remember how choppy and volatile the market has been in the last few weeks with Greece, China and everything else with Commodities Crash etc.

ASX Code : Issue Price : Open Price : Today's Price : Profit by Buying at Open

ADH $2.40   $2.60 $2.82 8.5%
    AYS   $1.80   $1.75   $2.17 24%
    GTY   $2.00 $2.10 $2.27 8.1%
    QMS $0.65   $0.68 $0.83 22.1%
    RFN $0.20   $0.245   $0.365   49%
    KSL   $1.00   $1.30 $1.40   7.7%
    PEP   $2.60   $3.05 $3.30 8.2%

I used this technique and bought PEP on Open even though I had an allocation.My Observations from the above info are:

If an IPO has been so popular and hard to get our hands on like these very recent ones above and if they open strongly like KSL and PEP we could have still made money buying on Open.  If they have a small to medium Open e.g.: AYS, RFN, QMS and if we had bought on Open we could have made a lot of money. Remember markets were the worst and volatility and fear very high when these floated and traded in the last 2 months. The common factor here is these are all extremely popular and very heavily oversubscribed IPO's. It  appears from these results if we were to be in a similar future IPO situation the possibility of the same results as above is extremely possible I believe.

PS: The next IPO that is extremely Popular and heavily oversubscribed is National Vet Care and it is floating next Tuesday. Lets see if it follows the same pattern. I reckon it will. It worked for me in PEP so sharing this with mates here. Please DYOR before investing into anything.

Please share your views. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sensi: 05/08/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.