LYC 0.17% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

My Contribution to that web page:After doing my own research...

1. 90 Posts.
    My Contribution to that web page:
    After doing my own research into the technical specifications of the LAMP, I came to the conclusion that there was no risk to the local population - many of whom derive a range of benefits from economic investment in their area. If I thought otherwise I would not have invested in this company, and would sell my shares if anyone led any believable evidence about local environmental harm. Tin mines and Palm Oil plantations in Malaysia are examples of activities that cause real rather than fictional harm.

SLSM engages in gross propaganda, for example the charge of dumping nuclear waste - seen most clearly in their disingenuous use of the radiation danger symbol outside the LYNAS meeting the other day. Even the local Sultan's son referred to this tendency to misinformation when he gave LAMP the royal thumbs up.

There is no radioactive waste from the plant at all - I would be quite willing to have the LAMP in my backyard, though I certainly wouldn't want a Chinese Rare Earth plant anywhere near me.

The Chinese are the unknown quantity in Rare Earth mining and production - it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they are working against LYNAS to ensure their own continued monopoly.

The LAMP is a state of the art chemical refinery that has begun to produce commercially and strategically important materials that greatly benefits Malaysia by putting it at the forefront of innovation and attracting other cutting edge businesses.

Far from being irresponsible corporate vultures feeding on the dead hope of Malaysia's children, LYNAS is investing in jobs not just for the present but for the future. I'm proud to have my small nest egg invested in this enterprise, safely and responsibly generating income for the local community.

In terms of corporate governance LYNAS has engaged the local community in all its aspects and has made its premisses available for routine inspections by regulatory authorities, both international and Malaysian. I don't know how more transparent you can get.

Rare Earth Elements are an essential part of the economic and technological future, so do we source them from an environmentally friendly plant delivering benefits to the local community or buy them off robber barons selling black market REEs from mines that have devastated the local ecology?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.00 $6.10 $5.97 $26.46M 4.378M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 849 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 10260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.