SLX 4.28% $4.25 silex systems limited

recent price action

1. 1,048 Posts.
    I have been in and out of this stock since 2007 and even managed to pay for a new car when I had 1500 of them and they peaked at $14 per share on the back of uranium centered stocks being the darlings at the time and a love letter from former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that was highly complementary of Silex's technology.

Those days were long ago.

Usually in speccies when the CEO and the CFO are overseas the price goes up in anticipation of positive news about the impending deal (See ADO.ASX in the last few months going from 7c to 20c whose product development is nowhere near as advanced as Silex's and commercial partners are nowhere near the scale of GE) so the last few days of price action in SLX have been extremely strange/disappointing/a bit scary.

Macquarie in particular have sold hundreds of thousands of units and there have been a lot of Mum and Dad style small unit dumps.

I have been researching like crazy to try and find reasons for the sudden price fall.

I found this in the Minutes of the Paducah City Commission Meeting on 13 May 2014 in relation to property sub-leased from Paducah by Infiniti Plastic Technologies in the towns Industrial Park. According to the Minutes, Infiniti had not paid rent since January 2014 but had refused to vacate the premises;

"[The parties] have reached a settlement agreement as to the full and complete terms of the sublease and the full and complete surrender of the possession of the leased premises and a forever settlement of their differences.

Therefore, the leased premises will be available for use and occupation by other growing industries for industrial development purposes.

The City of Paducah, McCracken County and Infiniti also desire to release one another from any and all claims concerning the sub-lease and the use and occupancy of the leased premises.

These transactions further the public purposes of the city to achieve long-term economic growth and employment opportunities for its citizens.

Therefore, I seek approval from the City Commission to ratify and confirm the Mayor's execution of any and all claims concerning the sublease".

For the upcoming meeting on 20 May 2014 (Wednesday our time) these items are on the agenda:

1. Reimbursement Agreement with Paducah Power System for the Olivet Roadway Improvement Project Electrical Construction; and

2. Reimbursement Agreement with Paducah-McCracken County Joint Sewer Agency for Sewer Construction Expenses.

In this press release, http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/ENF-Laser_enrichment_for_Paducah_tails-2211124.html, and others MG has noted the benefits of using existing infrastructure at Paducah,

"Access to existing infrastructure at Paducah could realise significant cost savings and reduce the overall time to establish a full-scale laser enrichment plant."

To sum up - The Mayor of Paducah and the City Council are prepared to write off 5 months of rental income to get Infiniti out of the way and they are paying for the electrical and sewer construction. According to the minutes these are major works and entail the design and extension and/or construction of power lines, power poles, re-location of utility boxes, sewer mains, and service lines (note the minutes indicate the cost of these projects is in excess of US$570,000).

With the CEO and CFO in the US there has been speculation that job ads would assist investors as to when Paducah was going to go ahead but major infrastructure and capital works investment by the City Council may also assist us to read the tea leaves. Paducah official would not be prepared to shell out this sort of the voters cash if it was not going to assist the community and reap returns soon - politicians like quick turnaround on their investment as voters have short memories - note also that the City Council refer to use and occupation by other GROWING industries for INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT purposes (not the existing industries).

This emphasis on these transactions being for ‘growing’ industries and industrial 'development’ sounds like they have the eye on the future.

Note also the minutes refer to these transactions creating jobs, “These transactions further the public purposes of the city to achieve long-term economic growth and employment opportunities for its citizens”.

Big things are happening around Paducah at the initiative of the City Council. I hope I am right that the recent price action was just a shake-out by Macquarie in anticipation of the announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.