ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

recent share price pressure

1. 27,335 Posts.
    Hi folks.

This maybe relevant to the recent sp weakness.

In any case I trust it is of interest to some here.

--------------------------------------

Farmers in New South Wales have welcomed tougher restrictions on miners proposed by the state Opposition, but the mining industry has questioned whether the policy is sustainable.

The Coalition released the new policy today, promising to identify and protect strategic agricultural land and water if it wins next month's state election.

As a result greater caution will be used when assessing new mining and petroleum project applications while agricultural productivity impact assessments are completed, especially during a 12-month transition period.

There will also be new regulations preventing interference with underground aquifers.

Opposition spokesman Duncan Gay says the proposed rules will do far more than just delaying projects by a year.

"Proper process rather than politics and a protection for strategic land, I believe, is going to be a huge plus," Mr Gay said.

"We're going to have a really tough transition period for that 12 months whilst we develop the full strategic land use policy and that policy will be developed on the environmental, social and economic, the triple bottom line approach.

"I don't' see one side or the other as an enemy but what I do see is currently the balance is not right and that is what we're doing."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/16/3140260.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.