RED 2.50% 39.0¢ red 5 limited

Recent Trading Activity, page-69

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Periculum - I agree with you that publicly listed companies should be transparent regarding their activities - within the legal requirements set out.

But on the other side of the coin, there are sensitive issues (too loosely covered by the legal expression "commercial in confidence" I'd suggest) where public knowledge of them could put the company concerned at a disadvantage (i.e. in respect to competitors and/or predators).

The other (sorta related) aspect is that the jungle in which publicly listed companies find themselves living in is also inhabited by fund managers, family offices, stockbroking firms, algorithm operators etc (and God knows else) who aren't required to meet even the minimum disclosure standards imposed on publicly listed companies (other than perhaps to their own bosses).

So, within the limits of the law, I reckon we should cut publicly listed entities a bit of slack and provide them with just a bit of "discretion" on the issue to help level up the playing field a little. If you want to win at poker, your chances are fairly slim if everybody at the table knows exactly what cards you're holding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.652B
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 40.8¢ 39.0¢ $6.817M 17.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 186820 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 167616 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.