Recession under Labor!, page-20

1. 83,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    where was it predicted when Morrison was in?”

Well, here’s one I prepared earlier

28/04/22
    16:58:58
    Post #:

IMO - our glorious and golden run is about to be shattered - beyond what most of us would consider belief

as to levers to pull ------------------ if we do get the mother of all recessions - with the debt levels we have and supply constraints

as far as I know - there are no levers to pull ------------ that we are familiar with

doubling welfare payouts will not solve the situation

one could raise rental assistance by 20 fold - but, if there's no rental properties to rent - it doesn't solve the issues.

for accommodation - there's going to be 2 issues ---------- affording rent - AND having available rentals

the facts are that there's a shortage of housing - in the rental market - one of the reasons for rising rents.

But, in a recession - the only way that rentals can become available is for people to leave existing rentals because they can't pay the rent - which means that they go to live in cars or tents etc.

so - to really attack the problem - more housing is needed - and, there it sits -- empty apartments in cities - owned by absent foreigners

empty holiday homes - tens of thousands of them

we actually have the stock - it's how to use it - that's the issue

same same food - we have the food --Oz produces a huge amount of grains and places like Tasmania produce massive amounts of food produce - as do several other Australian centres

atm - we have people who are having trouble paying for food ----------- if that's not criminal in a place like Oz - I don't know what is.

we need to be thinking about real solutions - or else we'll have enormous pain - miles of squatters, miles of crime

we need to be thinking what to do - because most of us understand or highly suspect that the poo is clearly going to hit the fan - and, ------------ soon

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.