AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Record closing price today!, page-5

1. 2,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2563
    I have to echo RVR's comments about the growth of AKP's business from now until AudioPixel Speakers "take over the world". It is my opinion (DYOR!) that this technology will have a major impact on the consumer electronics industry for speakers and a whole lot more, but the timing of their initial roll out is not likely to be so rapid that the revenue stream ramp-up will be like a rocket taking off.  Sales volume and revenue is what will ultimately drive the value of the technology and of the business as a whole.  How high this goes will determine the ultimate value of the SP.  It will probably take 3-5 years for this to become clear.

But how quickly the SP rises in the next 1-2 years will be based not on the sales volume itself but on the anticipation of investors as to how big they believe this will get. And this in turn will depend on the demonstration of the capabilities of the chips and then of the speakers in the first products to market that make use of the chips.  If these are as good as I believe we can expect them to be, then the excitement will be substantial.  In other words it will be the sizzle rather than the taste that will sell this steak.

Shareholder confidence will consolidate when some of this promise starts to be fulfilled in demos.  The question will then become one of eager share buyers bidding up the offer price in the hope of getting into the business before it really does take off.  The problem, and indeed the opportunity, will come because those who understand the value of the company will not be so eager to sell.  With most current holders in the company being savvy about the product's potential, this signals a likelihood of rapid SP rise.  The SP has risen yesterday to its highest ever (?) level of A$14.65, which, given the approximately 12 month average price of A$8, is a rise of A$6,65 or ~80% in 6 weeks.  Yet some holders are still willing to exit at prices below this.  But when the SP gets bidded up to $20, $30, or higher, who will be willing to sell then?  Holders will only be shaken loose by offers they personally don't feel they can refuse.  What level will that be at?  Who is going to look at the product and its promise and its SP rise rate then and say that it has reached its maximum?

That SP range will probably be sustained by confirmation that the technology actually works as anticipated. It will be the next lot of rises that will establish the company value.  These will come when commercial products hit the shelves and make their presence felt as a truly disruptive technology. I personally expect that is likely to emerge over the period 6-12-18 months from now.  

It is not until this point that Fred and Co will be likely to consider offers for the company.

Again, I emphasise that this is only my opinion, so DYOR!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.