BPT 1.02% $1.49 beach energy limited

Good post manxman.Hope its ok, I am just going to build on what...

1. 11,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6199
    Good post manxman.
    Hope its ok, I am just going to build on what you provided, it took me a little while to get a better feel/understanding for all the numbers and terminologies.

So, I wanted to start with Santos' Moomba-1 well.
    Flow rate of 2.6 MMSCFD with little if any deterioration of the now stabilized rate (which I believe is exciting in itself as many shale wells in the U.S have significant reductions from initial flow rates). I will also say that because we are literally at the beginning of this huge shale program in the Cooper, flow rate reduction is a big unknown, however, I think part of the reason Reg is so positive on the shale, is the overpressured nature of the gas, hence higher production.

Going from the Santos conversions

2.6MMCF/D is 2.757 TJ/D and 1.006 PJ/Y

1.006 PJ/Y is 1006000 GJ (gigajoule).
    (I just add 3 zeros as from the Santos website convertor)

So at $3 per Gigajoule for 1006000 is $3,018,000 a year.
    So at $6 per Gigajoule for 1006000 is $6,036,000 a year.
    So at $9 the Origin $9 gigajoule that equates to $9,054,000 a year.

My understanding is that each shale well that is fully fracced is costing approx $10+ million. BPT will hopefully provide more information in the future so we can better calculate the time it will take to recoup the cost of the well being drilled. Over time, well costs will come down a lot so this will also greatly assist with well profitability.

If Moonta-1 does no better than Moomba-1 (which I and many other posters think is unlikely) then, then we could be looking at a payback period of anywhere between 1-3 years.

When I look at the above calculations, I start to get an idea of what might be possible with higher, sustained production rates.

As each well in the Cooper is drilled, all participants will provide more data for us to work with and these type of calculations will be more easily comprehensible (I hope).

I am fairly tired so all of the above could be way off. Looking forward to more healthy discussion either way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
0.015(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $3.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.51 $1.47 $9.879M 6.634M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 119980 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 67389 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.