UML 0.00% 3.3¢ unity mining limited

Outstanding RESULTS!!!ASX market quarterly report Key Points•...

1. 837 Posts.
    Outstanding RESULTS!!!

ASX market quarterly report

Key Points

• Record quarterly production of 17,569 oz gold at $757/oz
    • Read Zone intercept of 6.4 m at 98.7 g/t gold confirms
    potential for high grade shoot
    • Strong exploration results at Homase, Ghana
    • MOU executed with Catalyst Metals to acquire Bendigo assets
    • $44.1M cash at bank

Summary

Andrew McIlwain, Managing Director & CEO comment “Gold production for the
    December quarter was a record 17,569 ounces at a cash cost $757/oz (including
    royalties of $177/oz); the best production result since Unity acquired the mine in
    July 2009. While the mine plan for the next six months is scheduling less ambitious
    production results, we are confident of delivering towards the top end of our 40-
    50,000 oz production guidance range for the 2012 financial year.
    In-mine exploration has continued to yield encouraging results, with significant
    results at Read Zone and extensions to the Darwin South and Darwin Mid ore bodies.
    An updated Resources & Reserves statement is planned for release next month,
    incorporating the results of the last six months exploration at the Newton Zone,
    which has further expanded the area of known mineralisation and which remains
    open at depth.
    In West Africa, GoldStone’s exploration program continued at the Homase project in
    Ghana, with drilling confirming the further extension of the high grade gold shoot
    under the northern part of the Homase pit. Following its December capital raising,
    GoldStone is well funded to execute and accelerate its exploration programs in
    Ghana, Senegal and Gabon and is set for a big year in 2012” said Mr McIlwain.
    Production
    • Henty Gold Mine produced 17,569 oz at a cash cost of $757/oz which includes
    royalties of $177/oz, (10,440 oz gold at $1051/oz in September 2011 quarter).
    Exploration
    • Read Zone drilling result of 6.4 m at 98.7 g/t gold, including 3.4 m 190.8 g/t,
    confirms the potential for a high grade shoot in a large envelope of favourable
    alteration.
    • Exploration on the Bendigo Exploration Licences under the Farm-In arrangement
    with Drummond Gold continued in the search for large disseminated gold
    deposits.
    • GoldStone Resources (34% owned by Unity Mining) announced further results
    from the drilling program Homase/Akrokerri, Ghana, confirming the extension of
    the high grade gold shoot under the Homase pit. Drilling contractor agreement
    renewed for a second phase 4,500 metre drilling program.
    Corporate
    • Gold sales were $23.2 million during the quarter from the sale of 13,840 oz at an
    average price of $1670/oz.
    • Cash in bank was at $44.1 million at 31 December 2011 ($41.7 million at 30
    September 2011). In addition, $8.0 million is held in bonds to meet
    rehabilitation liabilities.
    • Andrew McIlwain appointed Managing Director & CEO. Bill Geier appointed CFO.
    • Announced MOU with ASX-listed Catalyst Metals Limited for Catalyst to acquire
    the Kangaroo Flat gold plant and Bendigo assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.