RED 1.39% 36.5¢ red 5 limited

recovery club, page-39

1. 1,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Holdonman

From my post yesterday #9801048
    _________________________________-
    What was the underwriters report on the insurance claim. We never did hear?

If we didn’t hear then does that mean there was no basis for a claim. Was it found to be human / operation error of the tailings dam and not design?

Now back to this post...

Two weeks ago I thought I would read up on tailings dams and was reading this article to give me a greater understanding...and they mention the underdrain system.

http://www.geerassociation.org/GEER_Post%20EQ%20Reports/Maule_Chile_2010/Ver2_Section_11_DamsLeveesVer5.pdf

Now that you mention it in your post, maybe you might be onto something. As I don’t have the build plans to look at I can only assume there would be an underdrain system. Human error could easily saturate the walls if this was not managed properly.

I think the insurance claim investigators findings/ report should be made available to shareholders now or at least an update on where this claim is at.

Human error.... the insurers would know as they had site access and would have interviewed staff and they are pretty thorough when it comes to the million $ claims (don’t like paying out).

Gycor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.5¢
Change
0.005(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $2.482B
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 37.5¢ 36.0¢ $8.768M 23.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 1439618 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 357787 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.