MLX 2.25% 45.5¢ metals x limited

recovery: shortterm: mlx to surge to 22.5c!!

1. 1,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Great Heading :)
    Wishful? I don't think so.
    Lets put this on the cards- any chartists, would welcome any views or charts projections you can post here - I'll place a request in the charts forums too!

MLX was trading at a well supported zone 22-23c for well over 1/2 yr until around may 2012. A shrinking TIN spot price and increased production costs can be factors to blame- but these contributions don't happen overnight and yet MLX stayed at 22-23c. IN 3 weeks it fell from 22.5c to 15c- a 34% drop. Was this the "friendly merger" with WGR? well after disgruntled WGR holders got bought out with the wave for peanuts and assets are all on board - we have MLX now on 15.5c.

TIN prices and Productions problems are resolved- key is that these are permanent infrastructure improvements which will bring improved tonnage to levels pre- 2012 next quarter and the next and potentially even better as mgtmt reports " all sections of mine are opened up for production for the 1st time ".

What forward indications can be predicted from these?
    IF Mgtment and key players are ready to return SP to previous levels and with the spate of annoucements this week and "tone" of the reports, I would say yes they would. They've hammers SHs long enough to get merger reform through the lines, now they want their options to exercise and a improved SP!

20c SP seems to be a 61.8% retrace from 52wk lows
    22.5 SP has been supported for months prior to the M&A
    25.5c is the 52 wk high

MLX was trading at 30c just over 18mths ago before production problems
    We could be on the foothills a launch right back to those supports at may last yr. It took 3 wks to fall. How long will it take to launch back into fair value?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
0.010(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $412.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 45.5¢ 43.3¢ $1.953M 4.353M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 110122 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.5¢ 49999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.