RDM 0.00% 14.0¢ red metal limited

Red Metal Banter, page-327

1. 2,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 512
    So to circle this back to RDM directly.

At the moment fear levels are high that china has backed itself into a corner. It's hard to say if this is true or not. Either way, I don't believe it is rational to have this panic flow through to small caps. It flows through because there is an expectation small caps will raise and if a super bearish scenario happens, they won't be able to since it is harder to raise for speculative stuff during such a scenario. Hence some people exit entirely to be "risk off".

However, I personally have 2 portfolios. My speculative one where I take an active role for larger gains and then a defensive portfolio designed to withstand nearly every risk I can think of. When designing the defensive one I stayed completely away from brainless ETF's because they are filled with junk. I only found about 20 worthwhile companies on the ASX 200, while most are loaded with unsustainable debt or have business models which only work in bull markets. Even more concerning is defensive companies which should hold up really well being dragged down by management adding risk on. Can anyone think of a few like that who have been all over the news recently alienating potential customers?

I have quite a bearish view that eventually the whole thing must collapse and then be fixed, just as it has multiple times throughout history. During that transition period good assets will remain good assets and when capital has nowhere to go but a few quality companies, they will actually gain an uplift.

In a speculative portfolio it's harder to pull that off as the risk is always way higher, but what really attracted me to RDM was the massive silver exposure via MMA as well as copper targets (I am very bullish on copper for reasons relating to energy, which is a whole other rant but also somewhat linked to all this. Energy is a good asset by it's very nature, an economy always needs energy on the bottom of the cost curve. Complicated geopolitics behind why copper ties into this.)

RDM provides a unique upside of defensiveness and speculative at the same time, which I like because timing exactly when shit will hit the fan is the million dollar question and if we could all answer that we would be billionaires. What we can say for sure is that there are many flaws in the current economic situation and eventually bandaids will run out. One cannot escape cause and effect.

In such a scenario, all stocks with exposure to precious metals would do very well. As for sybella speculation , it seems the market wants to see tonnage which I expect management will be moving fast on now, as you've all eloquently pointed out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $45.79K 316.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29999 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 197500 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ 74088
Last updated 15.41pm 14/06/2024 ?
RDM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.