QAN 0.33% $6.12 qantas airways limited

red q ? asia one ? or failure ?, page-62

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi dbl21,

Your post raises some good questions about this so called JVA with China Eastern and QAN investors should take a reality check if they think QAN and Chiona Eastern will be able to just walk right into HKG and get a AOC at will.

I firmly believe that this proposed partnership with China Eastern will not get off the ground due to the difficulty in gaining an AOC ex HKG. Both parties are not HKG based companies and there lies the problem. What they are trying to achieve is akin to say SIN and Air NZ setting up a carrier based in SYD and flying to destinations all over Australia and beyond. The regulatory aspect of this is extremely difficult to overcome for many reasons and I can only say, good luck Mr. Joyce.

Once again they have failed IMO in the sense that they really needed to create a JVA or take over a HKG based airline that has an AOC ex HKG and has exposure in the way of direct flights into and out of China. Only time will tell but I reckon Capt. Barry Jackson is right on the money. QAN is good at talking the talk, can they walk the walk?? Only time will tell but I would not be holding my breath, this JVA is doomed for a very turbulent ride IMO and QAN may yet again find itself with a firm grip on the joystick attempting yet another recovery. The rate of descent is slow but steady and has been for a long time.

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.15 $6.08 $14.00M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 68170 $6.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 25980 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.