G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Red Rain - Mozambique Ruby, page-2

1. 34,339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9120
    Thanks @orionwoo, Great finding.

Yield 43-60%, our two 24ct rough rubies, could yield two 10.32ct - 14.4ct.

Let me say this. Mozambique ruby is not just about Gemfields. While Gemfields has the largest concession, there are other companies with leases and hundreds, if not thousands of garimpeiros who are bringing the stone to market. When it comes to the Montepuez deposit, think big. It's like Mogok or Madagascar. Far too much for any single company. My guess is that Gemfields' production represents less than half of all the stones in the market, and it could be much less than that.

Red gold from Mozambique, rough to cut

Top from left: 15.79, 19.77 and 22.30 ct rough.
    Middle: Preforms from the same rough (9.30 ct and right 14.29 ct).
    Bottom from left: Cut stones from the same rough (8.52, 8.41 and 13.22 ct, giving 54%, 43% and 60% yields respectively). These are extraordinarily high yields, attesting to the quality of the rough stone. Photos: Wimon Manorotkul/Lotus Gemology. Gems: Sukhadia Stones, Bangkok. Click on the images for a larger view.

In any event, it has created opportunities for others, who are rushing to fill the void. Tiancheng International sold a matched pair of Mozambique ruby earrings featuring two 7 ct stones for US$1.7 million in December 2014.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.