XJO 0.78% 7,983.4 s&p/asx 200

redbacka's - the last shorts - tuesday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

Having sold my portfolio at the bottom of the market a few weeks ago and taken a substantial loss...yes, I know, a worn record, but!.. I have used the last few weeks to immerse myself fully into the psycological states that follows.

The emotional state is technically known as

VERY JACKED OFF

I expected for there to be some relief from the death by a thousand cuts that us - out of sync - bulls experienced with five straight down months.

The wound of the loss was salted with a 500point rally after my capitulation.

This emotional state is technically known as..

EXASPERATINGLY AND EXTREMELY JACKED OFF

Much soul searching followed and some dark moments of staring at my feet in check out queues.

Emotions

I kind off believe that whenever my emotions dictate a buy or sell, it will be exact wrong thing to do.

For instance, my emotions tell me to buy and hold right now.

The key word is emotion. Yotta the poet clarifies..

'Mr Market is so deceptive and mysterious. As long as you want a pull back, he never gives you a chance. But when you jump on board by confirming, a real pull back will occur.' YOTTA

Many of the vets on board here already know this stuff.

Pisces did well with his 'bottom is in' hunch and is wise enough to see the flipside.

'Is it just fluff and puff or has a fundamental change in direction taken place' PISCES

So, enough staring at my feet. I am trying to be unemotionally on the sidelines for now.

Objective, subjective and respected brings us to our tendsetter of the day.

Some say that his grandchildren want to adopt him and that he loves a good fart joke.

All we know is that he is OUR

$ $ $ REDBACKA $ $ $

'This run up is short covering. At the beginning, lots of shorts were buying to cover and take profits. And the higher it goes, the fewer shorts there are buying back their "duds". So volume keeps dropping. When the last shorts are done, the market will fall over. The duration and extent of the pull back will then be of the most interest.' REDDBACKA

Well said RED, I reckon that too. I wonder if we're right.

DG sums up.

'We're just standing on one leg with our finger pointed in the air trying to figure out which way to point it without messing our pants.' DG

Good luck shorties and tallies

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.