XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

redbacka's - what does that tell us - thursday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning Trendsetters

John, an authentic environmentalist (There's a bull's head on the other arm)

Yes trendies, more farming knowledge for you.

Farmers are the practical and sustainable environmentalists. I'm not talking about unattainable environmentalism where everyone lives on minority handouts and protests against Woodside gas hubs.

I'm talking sweaty, grubby, hardworking, practical and productive, open your own wallet kind of environmentalism.

Here's an example of what 300 grand of your own money and 2000 unpaid hours with a bulldozer can do.

Whittaker banks in one of John's paddocks.

They are 2mtres deep and four metres across. The paddock is 2km long. About 100,000 tons of dirt have been moved for what? The banks following the natural contours of the hills. This not only helps retain moisture in the slopes and helps micro organisms thrive in the soil, it also forces all cropping, harvesting, stock movements to also follow those contours. This almost completely eliminates erosion and salt build up in the gullies of which there is plenty in Western Australia's arid eastern wheat belt.

They are not forced to do it and they are not taxpayer funded to do it.

But it just makes economic sense I here you say. Well yes, but not for a generation will the beneficial effects come about.

John (my mothers hubby) eats steaks, farts loudly and tells sexist jokes. His environmental actions show that you don't have to be a cow's hoof and a communist to be Green.

And now to our anarchist of the day,(a Redbacka fact that has surprised many on the forum).

Rebacka - or as we in the know, know him to be - Spencer Tracy

' If the market won't go up on good news, what does that tell us? Obvious, I think.' Redbacka

One of the definitions of character is the ability to stick by one's decisions, even when you don't feel like it or it's too hard. Red's certainly stuck by the XJO thread. Day in and day out. Thanks Red.

Good trading trendies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.