RFX 10.0% 11.0¢ redflow limited

Redflow NEWS & EVENTS, page-1113

1. 11,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 683
    There is no doubt that having a long waiting list could tip the balance on what solution is chosen for general energy storage and release power supply purposes. LFP (over NMC) batteries win for grid stability, and by the sounds of it for home storage where you want to consume all of the energy during the demand peak, and don't want to use too much of the batteries capacity. The LFP need to supply significant current and wattage in a short space of time, and to extend the life of the batteries you do not want to fully charge them, or discharge them too much every time they are needed, as that diminishes the number of cycles (and they are expensive) - so they are not there for capacity as much as power output preferably over a short time frame. (see table 2 in this link: https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-808-how-to-prolong-lithium-based-batteries )
    Intermittency of discharge can also be a life span problem for LFP and NMC.

LFP batteries are less of a depth of discharge issue over NMC, and have a better power output, but have lower capacity, so NMC should win in range seeking EVs.

Redflow and flow batteries are more the solution when you rely on the batteries as your sole supply overnight, and/or when you have a bit less stability of current for re-charging - which might be the case if you are solely relying on solar and wind to charge the batteries with no other grid power source or (diesel) generator to maintain the current that non flow batteries need to recharge without side reactions.The output of flow batteries is lower but for longer, and more intermittent is fine.

Of course you could possibly have fully charged flow batteries with a transformer on hand to stabilise the current for charging LFP or NMC batteries. Also you could have both types of batteries to take advantage of each ones strengths and weaknesses as well.

If you are more knowledgeable than me, please correct me if I am wrong about anything - keen to learn if I am.
    Last edited by CaptainBarnacles: 15/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.010(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $29.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 11.0¢ 9.8¢ $13.01K 128.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 49403 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 39786 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.