RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

Redflow NEWS & EVENTS, page-1657

1. 436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Agreed - I don't think anyone should underestimate the Albo government's commitment to repositioning Australia to really participate in the renewable & green economy. Irrespective of your feelings on the merit of these policies - we've now seen $1Bn tagged for restarting Aus Solar manufacturing, $13B+ in tax credits to support battery & critical materials mining and processing on-shore, and now over half a billion to give domestic battery manufacturing a big kick. This is some serious money..

While details will initially be a little light on - I think what's increasingly clear is the government's intent and commitment to support its goals (likely in complete alignment with its partners the greens). I suspect we may also see some direct Queensland government support announced in their budget on 12th June, targeted to help Redflow (amongst others) setup battery manufacturing in the state. There are a very limited number of Aussie companies with the know-how and capability to do so, they just require some form of gov support (by way of grants &/or loans) to commit - and Queensland has made it very clear recently they want to establish battery manufacturing in their state.

So Redflow looking very well positioned to take advantage of government focus & commitment to the sector. I was seriously hesitant to give Redflow any capital, given their checkered history using it. But I really can't help but feel this is one of those pivotal moments where the macro backdrop they're operating in is about to become much more supportive to help them not just survive but in time thrive. And if they can't get sufficient capital together themselves to make the most of this sweet backdrop, then I'm sure (with their very promising flow battery technology for grid-scale applications) they could easily find themselves a partner with deep pockets willing to back their tech & share in the upside.

I think Redflow might FINALLY have its time in the sun - the stars do seem to be at last aligning. Just hope they have a Plan B for some short-term capital if they cap raising falls short (which I suspect it will due to the usual cap & suppress market antics during the offer period - see it so often on our "free, fair and efficient market" the ASX!).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.