RFX 1.03% 9.8¢ redflow limited

Redflow NEWS & EVENTS, page-1723

1. sjl
    1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 314
    Why not sell at a loss this financial year? Serious question. Any loss you make this year can be applied against capital gains this year, and if you don't have any capital gains, they can be carried forward indefinitely. I genuinely don't see any reason to hold on to the next financial year if there's a capital loss in the offing. Capital gain, sure, I can understand waiting to realise those; but I don't see any downside to realising a capital loss if it's going to happen anyway.

And I have to say (on a completely different note) that the board taking up so little of their entitlement is a really bad look in my eyes. It may be strictly accurate for them to say "we're all participating", but to participate at such a low level is, in my opinion, acting dishonestly - they've encouraged people to put money in, and then done the bare minimum to keep the letter of their promise.

That, on its own, would be sufficient reason for me to get out if I still had any holdings in the company. It would have been more honest to not say anything, either way, about whether the board would be participating.

I'm not willing to say that the company is done - but I'm increasingly convinced that it will only keep going for as long as it can persuade holders to keep dipping into their wallets. It's a shame, because I really want to see some good non-lithium options in the market. I hope I'm wrong, both for the sake of the environment and for the sake of current holders. But I can't, in good conscience, recommend people continue to hold (never mind buying more).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.8¢
Change
0.001(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $25.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 9.8¢ 9.7¢ $4.516K 46.54K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 50558 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 4215 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.10am 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.