RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

Redflow pins post-Covid hopes on Gen 3 battery – and a market beyond lithium-ion, page-33

1. 9,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 811
    I abbreviated what I meant to say.

You can charge or discharge from any level.

However RFX batteries must go through a maintainance cycle at some point which means a full discharge and downtime possibly if you have single battery only

Hope that clarifys what I meant.

https://redflow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025494551-Design-Challenges-with-Redflow-technology

Periodic self-maintenance cycles

The battery needs to periodically undertake a 100% discharge and to spend a couple of hours offline doing self-maintenance. This process is the secret to the long life and 100% discharge capability that we have - each time this happens, the battery is returned to service pretty much 'like new!'.

In typical home solar self-consumption scenarios this occurs around once a week (depending on the operating duty cycle of the battery). The worst case (if the battery is operating at 100% duty cycle - meaning that it is charging or discharging at a significant rate on a 24x7 basis) the maintenence cycle occurs once per four days.

Where multiple batteries are installed, these maintenance cycles can be automatically controlled to maximise overall system availability by sequencing maintenance cycles in an appropriate manner (and in a timing regime configured and controlled by the BMS). Even with a single battery, in most applications, the BMS makes the maintenance cycle practically invisible by causing it to trigger at the most appropriate point in the daily usage cycle of the energy system concerned (e.g. at a point where the battery is at or near a state of complete discharge anyway).

This self-maintenance cycle, its implications, and its management (via the ZCell BMS) is explained and discussed in detail in the training courses that are held for Redflow system integrators. The Redflow BMS provides for simple handling of this cycle via adjustable system configuration settings. These are chosen to advantage (and synchronise in with) the nature and charge/discharge timing of the customer application cycle concerned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 9.7¢ 9.7¢ $16 170

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 95984 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 124877 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.