ATR 2.63% 78.0¢ astron corporation limited

Redomicile ATR from Hong Kong to AUS

1. 400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Hi @1357.al.toh,

I did notice the comment regarding "investigation into the redomicilation of the group’s parent entity from Hong Kong to Australia” in the placement announcement, it was also commented on in the 3/10/23 Work Plan Submission announcement with a bit more detail;

"The Company wishes to advise shareholders that it is considering redomiciling the parent entity (Astron Corporation Limited) from Hong Kong to Australia. This transaction is part of a strategy to simplify its corporate structure and reduce unnecessary overhead and administrative costs, as well as recognising the role that the Donald Project’s rare earth elements may play in supporting the Australia Governments’ Critical Minerals policy. The Company will provide a further update to shareholders following the satisfactory conclusion of
    investigations and confirmation of the transaction timetable."

As for what it would involve I couldn't say, but I suspect ATR will be consulting some very expensive corporate lawyers to get an answer.
    I jumped into the wayback machine and found that when ATR redomiciled from Australia to Hong Kong in 2012 (see link), they did it via a scheme of arrangement which was approved by shareholders at an Extraordinary General Meeting and then approved by the Australian Federal Court. I suspect it would be a similar reversed process to move back to Aussie but there may be some wrinkles in H.K. law that make it more complicated.

I think there is pretty straight forward reasoning for redomiciling to Australia, now that Donald is primarily a RE project and they are seeking finance from the Critical Minerals Facility via Export Finance Australia they need to distance themselves from the PRC RE mothership, which is difficult given their new substantial holder, Mr Tan Ruiqing, is a Chinese national and there were some unfounded rumors doing the rounds (via The Rare Earths Observer) that Tiger Brown is a just front man for Chinese interests (not the case IMO!).

IMO It would be a good thing if they were to redomicile to Australia, but not at the expense of focusing on takeoffs and finance deals for Donald. GLTAH!!

Last edited by marcus A: 10/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.