CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

redp, page-6

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hi JDR. Unfortunately this article is either badly written or misleading. My understanding is that CFU's ceramic fuel cells are a consumer of natural gas and therefore are not entitled to REDP funding - it is definitely not a renewable energy source. I don't believe they have applied as I have never seen an announcement from them regarding this.

Plus the article seems to suggest that solar is still included, but as far as I am aware $135 million from the $435 million for the REDP was farmed off to the solar flagships programme.

As for:

"Out of the 27 ASX-listed cleantech energy stocks on her watch-list, Jo Hume investment analyst with CVC Ltd expects beneficiaries of the REDP programme to include one or more of the following geothermal stocks: Geodynamics (GDY), Petratherm (PTR), Panax Geothermal Ltd (PAX), Kuth (KEN), and Torrens Energy (TEY)."

As far as I am aware the only geothermal applicants were GDY, PTR and GER. I am not aware that PAX, KEN or TEY have even applied for the REDP although they have all applied for the GDP (Geothermal Drilling Programme). That grant is $7 million per project. Maybe the author was confusing the REDP and the GDP?

If CWE doesn't get one of the REDP grants (which is always possible) then I think I will quietly leave the country! I still think they are a shoe-in because they are the only listed applicant that has anything approaching a pilot plant. Even GDY does not have that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.