XJO 0.93% 7,739.3 s&p/asx 200

reds - i second that emotion - tuesday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

Yes I hear the cynical sniggers from the back of the room. What's that Disco? Spit it out boy

'Loved the bounce today boys, thanks for the heads up.' DISCO

Stuey, I've noticed a bit too much irreverence creeping into your posts. It was easy to be humble when you were lying in blood, mud and booze with your guts hanging out from too much - what was it - Lynas?

Ever since you got your double cranker, you've been shootin' ya smart arsed mouth off to your betters. Know your place ya cocky young rooster!

Back toXJO Matters

Poignant posts from insightful xjo'ers flourished on yesterdays thread.

Be warned - violence and mayhem, depression and fear.

Little Gems from XJO Gemsetters

'..the old money want all the new, fast money washed out of the markets. Maybe. That would mean catastrophic collapse of the indices I would have thought.' EXFILES

'Bottom picking will make your fingers smelly if your not careful.' FUNKYMONK

'This theme will be repeated over and over for the next year and by that time almost everyone will be out of the market. No one will be trying to make a dollar out of it because they will either have gone broke, or moved their remaining money to other investment classes (eg term deposits). The stock market will not make ANY headlines. No one will be interested anymore. The volitility will be gone. XJO will have 10 posts a day. We all will be resigned to our fate. The politicians will have conceded. Then we will put in a bottom.' CHRIS FORD

'Long traders should be getting exited. We havn't put up any lower targets as was my concern. We need most to throw their hand's up here as once it was but the class of 2011 is too seasoned for that. If this play's out as expected I'll become a leg man as we run into the bottom.' PAULEY

'Cant by Banks.
    Cant buy retailers.
    Cant buy manufacturing or property.
    Now commodities!
    Well our market is either stuffed or bottoming out.'
    SPANKYHAM

'First equities, then safe havens, smells like capitulation... ..of course we know what happens once the sellers get tired :)'ADRUNIS

'More downside to come yet, I'm afraid I'm with Martis view, and can't see a rally of any kind until we get a shakeout or some capitulation evident.'FUNKYMONK

Not a happy forum yesterday xjo'ers. Limbs were severed despite pitiful pleas for mercy.

Emotions were revealed and then quickly brought into professional check. Of course, speaking of emotions...

Let me introduce our Cleo mate of the day.

Some say that he lives in a Teepee made of Buffalo skin and that he has more scalps than a day trader on Hot Copper.

All we know is that he's called.

* * * RED * * *

'.. it's a common theme on this thread for the last month or more.... everyone is trading on emotions instead of methods which is part of the reason why you can expect most of the poster's to be getting it wrong because emotional trading will always get it wrong.

What most people fail to understand is that there is nothing wrong with selling at a bottom as long as you have a method that will return profits over time.... The far far greater danger is the refusal to exit a losing trade.'
    RED

Thanks Red for that insight. I thought it very relevant to myself and others here.

Thanks also to the - if not unemotional then a least objective - ROCKS of this forum

Redbacka, Voltaire, Dgorranson, Funkymonk, Caylus, Barnsty & Martis.

DOW looked positive after midnight. If it's still positive, remember, it's just a fluctuation, and not a turn point.

Be careful out there and as Pauley says?

Keep some powder dry

PS DOCKARL, I couldn't get into that link - letter to my parents

PSS Actually Disco- I do get your humour and you, Pisces, Pauley, Funkymonk, Caylus and Martis never fail to lift the sides of my poor broke old chops.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.