ECT 16.7% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

"an Ignite/Coldry combo nails all bases inc DICE. IMO Ignite is...

1. 2,232 Posts.
    "an Ignite/Coldry combo nails all bases inc DICE. IMO Ignite is powerless without Coldry or a more viable way of drying their coal to begin their value adding. Its all about drying the stuff economically...bottom line."

"Other Beneficiation Technologies

To bring forward cash flow, and to reduce technology development risk, IER is looking to utilise a proven lignite beneficiation technology. The testing of this technology will also demonstrate the potential pathways to market for upgraded lignite products.
    "

...then click on the "Learn more" tab...brings you to:

"Commercial Technology Review

In parallel to the commercial development of IER's Cat-HTR Process, the Company is in the process of evaluating all of the currently-available, commercial-scale lignite beneficiation technologies. This will enable IER to potentially generate near-term cash flow and will help mitigate the risk associated with developing its own technology.
    "

...then click on the "click on image" tab and you see the Ignite dilemma.

Coal drying is the first step that enables their value adding. WHY are Ignite not ALREADY commercial - they have the big name backers, cash galore...what is holding them back...?

Seems Ignite NEED an economical drying solution to make their business viable...

"IER is looking to utilise a proven lignite beneficiation technology."

Google "lignite beneficiation" and often it relates to "drying". In the context of Ignites comments/diagrams I reckon its fair to assume lignite beneficiation = drying to Ignite.

Notice too that Ignite are looking for "a" - singular "lignite beneficiation technology". Again it highlights to me its drying related. Look at their process diagram -> imo its clear economical "drying" is holding them back.

I remember one of the posters here - Kel and/or Avenger mentioned an Ignite rep at the BCIA seminar mentioned Ignite/ECT could jv somewhere...nice

Interestingly - ECT have constantly referred to Coldry's competitive advantage of retaining 100% of the valuable "volatiles" that enable coal to oil/urea etc - EXACTLY what Ignite wants to do.

The ECT website is down, so I cant get the volatile/value adding comments I want...but hey - you guys have seen it before. The below ECT ann sheds some light on things though:

Oct 12 2012

"During the 2012/13-year, we are committed to:

Assembling a consortium of companies, each with a lignite value-adding technology, to successfully tender for large coal allocations within the Latrobe Valley
    ."

ECT claim to be "construction ready" end Aug...I wonder how Ignite are tick tocking along...? Most reckon Ignite are ALDP front runners. The above Coldry/Ignite possibility makes business sense on so many levels... but in the meantime ECT need maximum non-dilutive $... bring on the R&D.

tick tock...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.515K 504.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 13357839 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11826592 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.