WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Right now OBJ is about to launch its own products. SMAC and...

1. 3,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    Right now OBJ is about to launch its own products. SMAC and others have said that it is an approach which is doomed to failure.

That is out of context of the present situation. What I have said in the past is that "OBJ" could not release its own products into the Asian market and expect to compete in any meaningful way given that Asia is already flooded with cheap beauty devices that claim to fix anything you can name. If "OBJ" did come up with a novel product that managed to gain some traction, it would be copied a dozen times over in a month and not having a big name behind it, the consumer would not know "OBJ" from any of those other brands (see my post showing dozens of examples of direct knock-offs, and even "enhancements" to all of our existing SKII and Olay products).

What I perhaps did not take into account was that Jeff and Steve were fully aware of this reality and have consequently set about building a new quality beauty brand from the ground up by securing the expertise of the one person who has already achieved just that. The brand will gain traction in Europe and then enter Asia. Of course this is risky, but I like what I am seeing. Peros has already proved it can be done. He just needs to do it again.
    Last edited by smac656: 21/10/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.