WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Received my Reduit One with 3 hairpods last week, I won't bore...

1. 360 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Received my Reduit One with 3 hairpods last week, I won't bore you all with any more photos but a few things to share with you:

- In the user manual, it refers several times to insert selected "Hairpod" or "Skinpod" into the device. So confirmation that Skinpods are also in play with this device and therefore.
    - In the user manual it says "if you are using the Pro or Gold device, to increase intensity of treatment press the power button a second time for a treatment boost". So confirmation that there will be different tiers (and presumably different pricing tiers) of the Reduit One device.
    - Apparently the Reduit One device is fully waterproof. I am not game enough to test it but it was written somewhere claiming it's waterproof.
    - It also says that a full charge of the Reduit One device may last up to 3 months.

For those who are confused on how to apply the product to your hair, it's quite straight forward you turn it on and you see the mist coming out very clearly and for 5 seconds you can feel the device vibrating in your hand and every 5 seconds it "pulses" or stops vibrating for a second and this is where you can reposition the device somewhere else along your head to cover a different area or side of the head. After approx 45 seconds it turns itself off or you can press the power button again to turn it off manually.

I though the mist would only squirt out approx 5cm or so in all directions but it's better than that, it reaches easily 10-15cm and you can feel it slightly when applying it (pins and needles type of feeling). The best way to describe it visually is like a UFO in the sky and the mist shape/direction is like a UFO flood light shining onto the ground from the sky. It looks very satisfying and gives the impression that the delivery is very potent (and why wouldn't it be if we are using highly concentrated products as well).

The positives are:

- It feels like a very high end product. The packaging and initial impressions while unboxing it does feel very Apple-esque (another poster I forgot who also described it as Apple-esque).
    - Charging was fast, less than 20 mins.
    - The delivery looks visually appealing, there's no reason to suspect it won't work
    - Comes with a black travel pouch, nice and sleek for the professional traveler to chuck the charger in the pouch, along with the device and a couple of pods.
    - Shipping was fast even from China, they used an expensive DHL express and arrived in around a week. Probably eating into the profits a little bit but a great experience for the customer.

The negatives are:

- The user manual has a few typo / spacing issues. It wasn't exactly crystal clear how to operate the pod. Once you figure it out it is very easy and straight-forward but it took a couple of adults looking at the user manual and tinkering with it for a few minutes before we successfully activated the first treatment. The pod also has to be inserted in a specific way so that the word Reduit on the device is in the same direction as the word Reduit on the Hairpod (not upside down).
    - Out of the 3 pods I received, the first one we tried worked quite easily, the second one took 5-10 tries of activating it before it would work and one simply won't activate at all. The device vibrates and pulses like normal but the mist won't activate no matter what I do. So now pod 1 and 2 work every single time without fail but pod 3 won't turn on at all. I will use this opportunity to contact their support team and see how prompt and helpful they are to resolve this.

The big question at the end of the day is if the ladies (mostly ladies will use it) will notice a clear and obvious difference to their hair after a few treatment cycles. It's not like moistening cream or hair gel, where it's very apparent after using them that something is different. I've used the "strength" hairpod last night but how do you test if your hair is stronger? I'm not exactly going to start pulling on it to check.

This morning I've used the "Volume" hairpod, and it definitely feels softer and bouncier, almost like i've used hair spray but it's not hard or firm anywhere (looks and feels like normal natural hair still).

Big thumbs up from my wife and I as a sweet product with nice delivery method, but they will need to sort out the electronic failure rates quickly.
    As with all electronic devices (even the hairpods have batteries and a couple of small wires in them) there will be a manufacturing fail rate as a % of all electronics manufactured, but high end customers who have forked out ~$400 for the device and pod(s) might not be so forgiving on poor first impressions. Very impressed that this is OBJ's first manufactured product.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.