WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

There were certainly some posters asserting management would...

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    There were certainly some posters asserting management would bail if there was a 'no' vote. Maybe not quite a 'host' of them, but there were certainly several. Both sides agreed the consequences would have been dire.

I argued at the time that rejection by holders of the proposal would not cause management to bail.

As we see, management did not bail after the acquisition fell over.

Of course, strictly-speaking, the opposing predictions were never tested, because the BOD received a mandate from holders to proceed, with the acquisition only stymied by external factors.

The Notes issue and the salary pause reaction from management might indicate management sees a good future without the NS acquisition.

However, that involves a 'presumption' that they aren't currently beavering away trying to resurrect the NS deal, or fully intending some other major acquisition.

I can appreciate why the BOD, and many holders, saw the acquisition of any profitable company as an attractive means of funding (and facilitating debt-funding) to monetise OBJ IP, and there is nothing stopping the BOD having another crack at it.

As argued (at tedious length...), I would much prefer to keep my share of the company, and would participate in a CR to that end.

However, the reason for the lengthy delay in lifting the suspension, if the BOD ever intends to do a simple CR with holders, is hard to understand, especially since they can do so with a short prospectus.

Despite my idle speculation earlier that maybe holder approval of the Notes is an issue for the ASX, as usual, we have no solid idea what may be waiting in the wings.
    Last edited by misterS: 15/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.