ETM 5.88% 3.6¢ energy transition minerals ltd

REE Competition

1. 22,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 485

Question:

Can Anybody post the HOCHSCHILD Mining News here??
    October 2.

I "have the Impression/guess They mean it serious",
    and IF so, it is, also, important/relevant for (potential) REE Suplly/"Peer Group".

GLTA(H),
    We have a POTENTIAL Whale on the Fishing Rod.

Bye,
    Captain Ahab
  2. 429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    For the more technically inclined, I came across this 2017 study detailing the gobal reserves of rare earth element deposits by grade, mineral and volume.

See: DOI: 10.3390/min7110203

A key take away from this being:

"The unequal demand for individual REE puts uncertainties and constraints on the exploration of new REE projects, since the distribution of individual REE are not consistent with the demand for individual REE. Although Nd and Dy are expected to be in shortage, the other REE are expected to be in surplus; this indicates that the prices of most of REE will decrease; the exploration of new REE deposits is not profitable in the long run. In this sense, how to solve the unbalanced demand and supply for individual REE will be the key factor in the success of new global REE projects and the development of clean technologies."

"For individual REE, Eu, Tb, and Y will be in surplus with the global lighting market shrinking during the next decade, and Nd and Dy will face critical supply conditions (especially, Dy will be in shortage even under the optimistic scenario (5% annual growth rate of production))."

It seems as though Dysprosium and Neodymium will be the make or break for nearly all REE ventures in future. Because Nd and Dy supply is low, and REE's arent found in discreet mineral deposits(but rather come in combo deals of many different REE's in different fractions), the prices for the other 13 elements will drop due to oversupply as excess REE's are mined to meet Nd and Dy demand.

It looks as though deposits with high grades, accessibility and particularily a high fraction of Nd and Dy relative to other REE's will be the most ecenomically viable.

I wonder, is anyone able to find any data on the relative fractions of REE's contained within Kvanfjeild? I would keep this in mind when assessing other potential REE ventures.

If you want to find a table detailing a comprehensive list of REE deposits as below, look for the "Supplementary materials" link for article DOI:10.3390/min7110203

Its several pages long.

This is pretty relevent to anyone with multiple REE positions, but there doesnt appear to be a general forum for REE's so ill leave this here.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1759/1759087-4f45f235d08086cb964afbfaab4d66cd.jpg

Theres only two options: Love or Fear

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $50.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $8.122K 226.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 595596 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 17969 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
0.002 ( 5.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.6¢ 9034
Last updated 10.50am 03/05/2024 ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.