ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

JT & Others A bit more info was released today about approvals...

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    JT & Others

A bit more info was released today about approvals for projects such as the Narrabri one.

This is the link to the ABC news
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-14/liverpool-plains-planning-140711/2794962

This is the Header and a bit of the for the story
    Liverpool Plains part of planning review
    Catherine Clifford
    Posted July 14, 2011 13:13:55

MAP: Caroona 2343
    The New South Wales Minister for Planning, Brad Hazzard, says his planning review is looking squarely at the Liverpool Plains as a place that will need site-specific protection.

"Mr Hazzard yesterday released details of the Coalition Government's review of the system which defines how planning decisions are made in NSW."

This part is of interest........................................

"Brad Hazzard says the controversial Part 3A planning provision is gone for new projects, but says some old projects must be dealt with under that provision or the State risks court action.

"The very first question I asked the Planning Department was, 'How many of these applications are there?' and I was informed the number was 530, give or take one or two," he said.

"I asked whether we could get rid of all of them and the advice was, 'Well, as bad as the law was at the time, it was still the law,' so we decided there would be no new Part 3A applications accepted from midnight on the night of the election."

Minister Hazzard says it was also determined that if no Director-General Requirements (DGRs) had been issued, in other words, nothing from the Planning Department specifying what the applicant needed to do, and if the applicant was not working on putting together its Environmental Assessment then it was fair enough to say to those people, 'Well, look, we'll give you your money back and you go back to local council.'

Now this is when ESG' s DGR was issued......................

Job Status DGRs Issued
    Director General's Requirements for the environmental assessment (to be prepared by the proponent) have been issued for the project
    Assessment Type Part3A
    Project Type Mining, Petroleum & Extraction > Petroleum
    Application Number 10_0162
    DGRS Issued: 07/12/2010

So it looks to me that it may be treated under the old rules, where late comers
    will have to go through the new process

Can others comment on this theory please.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.