NST 1.52% $14.87 northern star resources ltd

I'm not a SH, but stumbled across this for various reasons and...

1. 1,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    I'm not a SH, but stumbled across this for various reasons and it peaked my interest enough to post as I find it more interesting what Companies don't say compared to what they do say.

So they ran some float tests on material which was 3 times the average grade of the orebody and it came up with good float recoveries. This is the Metallurgical equivalent of a Directors hole that Geos drill... and it doesn't mean didly. It is well known that this ground has refractory sulphide occluded gold, you can use intensive cyanidation, if you can get the chemicals at the gold, or you have to burn the sulphur off, either by a Roaster (not in this day and age), PAL or BIOX. I have had the pleasure of feeding a couple of Roasters and a BIOX and BIOX will be the only option for this size of operation and the Capex required. To produce 100Koz PA you will need about 1.2Mtpa, and that will cost you around $200M. The BCD plant is 300Ktpa so too small to be of any help and off on an island.

Therefore when I look at the Resource statement I see that Capex will cost about $350oz, but the bulk of the ounces are inferred anyway so don't count so therefore there is no much of substance really. You probably could prove something up, but it needs a lot of drilling to convert the inferred and 3g/t to mine and feed a BIOX plant isn't a slam dunk especially when someone has taken the easy near surface oxide dirt and you are having to do a waste strip, maybe lets bump up that Capex a bit...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.87
Change
-0.230(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $17.08B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.92 $14.98 $14.83 $28.84M 1.948M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1368 $14.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.88 5887 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.