RHC 0.22% $46.58 ramsay health care limited

It was not my intent to appear emotive in the defence of Ramsay...

1. 530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    It was not my intent to appear emotive in the defence of Ramsay and as a short term, short proposition, it may well turn out to be the correct call. Rather, my intent was to underline the lack of supporting data for Part 3. For example here is some empirical evidence supporting the growth in hospital admissions:

Between 2011–12 and 2015–16, the number of separations rose by 3.5% on average each year—by 3.3% for public hospitals, and by 3.7% for private hospitals.

Reference:
    https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/ahs-2015-16-admitted-patient-care/contents/summary

My point was that hospital admissions (separations) in Australia are likely to keep growing in the 3-4% p.a. region for the next few decades. Some studies suggest that it may be a little faster than this, but without doubt, all evidence is pointing to continued strong growth in hospital admissions. In Part 3 of the article, a reader had the sense that hospital admissions were likely to slow or even stop growing and this argument was not supported by any research.
    Last edited by andy777: 28/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.