MSB 6.57% 99.5¢ mesoblast limited

Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapies Virtual Event, page-102

1. 3,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Does anyone else wonder if they are already using Temcell (Japans license of Restemcel-l) on coronavirus in Japan?

Reason I ask - Japan has had a spike in covid cases in the last couple of months - much higher number of cases to its initial outbreak - but with a much LOWER death rate.

Japan's cases in mid July to mid Sept, spiked up - up to new cases 1998 in a day (3rd August). But its death rate only ever got to 19 cases on any given day. Its running at about a 1% death rate during this spike - a quarter of the worlds current 4% death rate. So - if it were Temcell - that would give it about a 75% success rate. That's - hmmm... that's awfully close to that 73% rate restemcel initially had in the 12 patient trial.

Just thinking - Japan's comfortable with the technology, has already used it for a couple of extended uses so far, such as insufficient blood flow to the brain in infants - I can't imagine they'd flinch at Covid. Be interesting to see what royalties Mesoblast gets from JCR in the current quarter. As Itescu noted "In fact, JCR has stated that they have taken steps to increase production capacity for TEMCELL as they have received orders far in excess of their initial forecast" in the last quarterly earnings call.

Just wondering. Hmmm. Oxley's discussion on Japans uptake and approach to use of the tech, made me wonder. So I went and took a look at..

Japan Cases: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU859AU859&ei=iLFkX5HRBOnXz7sPray5mAk&q=japan+coronavirus+cases&oq=japan+coronavirus+cases&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BAgAEEdQ9J0NWJq4DWDPug1oAHADeACAAYYGiAHSPJIBBTUtMi45mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBcABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiRtaqv4_LrAhXp63MBHS1WDpMQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

Japan deaths: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU859AU859&ei=iLFkX5HRBOnXz7sPray5mAk&q=japan+coronavirus+deaths&oq=japan+coronavirus+deaths&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgQIABBHUMOjEliwsBJgh7ISaABwAXgAgAGJBYgBnRaSAQM1LTWYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6yAEFwAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiRtaqv4_LrAhXp63MBHS1WDpMQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
-0.070(6.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.136B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.04 $1.04 99.5¢ $3.980M 3.944M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 56239 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 103125 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.