RRL 0.38% $2.65 regis resources limited

Hi strugglin Not sure where to start in terms of recommending...

1. 4,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1882
    Hi strugglin

Not sure where to start in terms of recommending books. I use charts a lot so have quite a few technical analysis and investing psychology books. I'm also big on financial history such as 1929, 1970s oil crises, 1987 crash, dot-com, 2008 etc. In terms of valuation and traditional investing there are plenty of books to choose from.

Economics is another area again with a myriad of books to choose from. The best way to understand this (or to understand how flawed economics is as a 'science') for me has been following regular news events like unemployment data, GDP figures, international markets etc. You can then see how local markets react in the real world instead of in a book.

Another place you can really find some good stuff (along with plenty of rubbish) is on Youtube. I look up a lot of stuff about gold investing for example from the likes of Rick Rule, Brent Cook and Adrian Day. People who have been in the industry for years. If you want to know more about gold stock investing search for some of there most popular videos maybe. This one is from Adrian Day (one of the best gold analysts) and is about 20 years old but still a good watch.

Here are a selection of books:

- Alexander Elder - 'Trading for a Living' (I like the sections in here on psychology not so much the trading tactics)
    - Jesse Livermore (under alias Edwin Lefevre) - 'Reminiscences of a Stock Operator'. The book is pushing 100 years old and is a classic from one of the first famous traders.
    - Ben Graham, 'The Intelligent Investor' - One of the best known books on fundamental analysis used by Warren Buffett etc.
    - Peter Lynch - 'One Up on Wall Street' - I am reading this at the moment after seeing it someone else's list
    - Michael Lewis - 'The Big Short' - 2008 Financial Crisis
    - Jack Schwager - 'Market Wizards series' - A few different books that include interviews with successful traders and investors all with a different approach.

I'm by no means an expert and have my share of losses (a few at the moment!) but it is worthwhile to be educated in the share market and not be led by others. Really is about finding your own rhythm and what suits you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.