A few years ago WA government finally approved a scheme where...

1. 60,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    A few years ago WA government finally approved a scheme where classic cars that were not daily drives could get concessions on the rego. Think other states already had similar schemes.

Anyway to be eligible you had to be a member of an authorised car/motoring club and you would be restricted to how often you could drive the car on the road. At the time the Rego concessions for Classic cars was introduced the restriction of 30 days private use and 60 use for club events was a minors issue but cost of membership and participation in the car/motoring club made the Rego concessions for Classic cars seem not worth the effort.

But it's worth keeping up rego so no need to take it over the pits to re-register if the rego lapses, makes a huge diffrence when buying/selling a car in WA

Fast forward a couple of years latter I was reminded of that scheme and with rego due on my 1989 Toyota Supra that I have not driven in a while due I looked into it. Well seems that a few car/motoring club have involved to make it easier for people like me, they are required to hold and advertise regular meetings but nothing to suggest members are compelled to attend

I found a car/motoring club that was authorised to do rego concessions for Classic cars, membership is only $50 per year. I joined up on line, requested to get in the rego concessions for Classic cars, they signed the form for me and after completing the details I submitted to DOT

All quite easy and I got approval, my yearly rego on the Supra has been about $900 per year even though I am not driving it. Now with the rego concessions for Classic cars approved I believe rego will only be about $180 per year

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.