"By & large, Kaccayana, this world is in bondage to attachments,...

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    "By & large, Kaccayana, this world is in bondage to attachments, clingings (sustenances), & biases. But one such as this does not get involved with or cling to these attachments, clingings, fixations of awareness, biases, or obsessions; nor is he resolved on 'my self.' He has no uncertainty or doubt that just stress, when arising, is arising; stress, when passing away, is passing away. In this, his knowledge is independent of others. It's to this extent, Kaccayana, that there is right view.

Sarco, in case this is not understand, it is saying when the idea of "self" co-dependently originates, all that is originating is suffering (dukkha). It does not say reincarnation originates.

This co-dependent origination of suffering, which includes "birth, aging & death" functions as follows & is unrelated to reincarnation:

What is birth?

it is assumed form, feeling, perception, fabricating & consciousness to be a 'self'. That assumption is a fabrication. Now what is the cause, what is the origination, what is the birth, what is the coming-into-existence of that fabrication? To an uninstructed, run-of-the-mill person, touched by that which is felt born of contact with ignorance, craving arises. That fabrication is born of that. And that fabrication is inconstant, fabricated, dependently co-arisen.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.081.than.html

How does suffering arise from aging & death?

He assumes consciousness to be the self, or the self as possessing consciousness, or consciousness as in the self, or the self as in consciousness. He is seized with the idea that 'I am consciousness' or 'Consciousness is mine.' As he is seized with these ideas, his consciousness changes & alters, and he falls into sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, & despair over its change & alteration.

Alternately:

He does not assume consciousness to be the self, or the self as possessing consciousness, or consciousness as in the self, or the self as in consciousness. He is not seized with the idea that 'I am consciousness' or 'Consciousness is mine.' As he is not seized with these ideas, his consciousness changes & alters, but he does not fall into sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, or despair over its change & alteration

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.001.than.html

sorry buddy but this co-dependant origination is not about reincarnation, despite what the Brahmins believe.

best to look to Hinduism to provide you with a doctrine of reincarnation

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Bhagavad-gita As It Is 2.13

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.