ZIP 2.33% $1.76 zip co limited..

Reiterating 10$- Nov 2020, page-91

1. 219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    It's a two edge sword right
    i don't like afterpay and quadpay personally even though they are exploring because it's forcing me to go into a 4 cycle payment.
    thats why I invested in z1p but also opened an account with them and shut down my credit cards. I loked the idea of being able to stretch payments if I need to and not be paying interest. The downside of that as a consumer is I have to pay a monthly fee. But if I was to miss a payment on the 4 pay bnpl offerings the late fee applied works out to about 4 months of the zip monthly fee.
    as an investor I see zip might be attracted to people like me wanting the flexibility. But on the downside it may attract those people who just pay the minimum and aren't good with money and probably higher likelihood of defaulting due to poor management of their cash.
    on the plus side it's a business they are running and if they can make more revenues per customer due to them having a balance for longer that's a plus in my eyes, so long as the customer is happy paying for that.
    i think the ideal world would be a bnpl that allows me to choose my payment plan for each purchase from say a minimum pay in 4 to something more flexible, and have a larger balance avail, say 3 K and not 1500.
    if I had that, it means I could do things like tyres for the car, car servicing, god maybe even rego (since govt force you to pay in 3/6/12 month buckets. Like software as a service I can see bnpl expanding to literally include life as a service. Getting your salary each month and then tailoring your total life expenses spread over a monthly or fortnightly payment while still accounting I want to save an amount per month.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.