NEU 0.12% $13.01 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Agree. Ever since P2a Neuren have indicated a strong interest...

1. 388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    Agree. Ever since P2a Neuren have indicated a strong interest from big pharma. They engaged Leerink to advise them at that point where they made the decision to run P2b - from 25th Aug 2016.

Neuren has undertaken and now completed a wide-ranging evaluation of strategic options, including partnering, assisted in this process by Leerink Partners, a leading US investment banking firm specializing in healthcare. A number of international pharmaceutical companies expressed interest in Neuren’s Rett syndrome and Fragile X syndrome programs. Detailed discussions with those companies have indicated that the results of the Rett syndrome trial, due in the first quarter of 2017, will be an important and valuable component of the trofinetide development package. Neuren recognizes the potential commercial value this could represent and therefore has determined that partnering in the major markets is best considered once the pediatric trial results are available.

Results were successful and Neuren has since confirmed P3 trial design with the FDA and secured full interim funding from Lanstead. The only missing piece is results of the toxicity studies.

The 2nd species toxicity study is 6 months long and hand't commenced (as far as I can tell) as of the presentation 6th October, so assuming it started at the beginning of November would be complete end of April. This study is an FDA requirement to enable commencement of P3.

Is a deal waiting on this to be confirmed and ready to go live for P3? I don't believe the results are blinded so they will have preliminary monitoring results now 4 months in - is that enough to do a deal?

So my view is a deal could be any time now - but it could also be a few more months away depending on the role of the final toxicity study in getting ink on paper. Just have to be patient.

I just had a recent lesson in patience with MSB. Bought in at $1.38 waiting on a P3 result, while waiting I didn't like the shape of the SP curve and sold for $1.46. SP dropped into the $1.20s - P3 ann came out a few weeks later and SP hit $2.04.

Gotta be patient and back yourself in all the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.