CND 21.7% 2.8¢ condor energy limited

infoseeker,Again I agree with most of what you are saying in...

1. 1,987 Posts.
    infoseeker,

Again I agree with most of what you are saying in relation to oil being in demand and there being Asian companies looking to invest in places like Australia.

I guess I just wouldn't normally use the terminology "BIg players/Multi Nationals" to describe what you now call "Canadain/US O&G small mid caps".

And as far as trusting company management to look after my interests - well that almost never works out - trust me!!! That takes very special management and so far these guys have not shown any inclination towards that.

Trust in company management needs to be earned through action, not through badly worded and yes "vague" assertions that its all going to be okay. Weasel words, lack of clarity and deniability are the modus operandi of these small companies - just read through the endless tales of woe here on HC.

I applaud your optimism about the SPP but am struggling to see how it is going to work out - not saying it can't happen - I just don't think it will.

Couple of questions if you have the time:

Do you see the MacIntyre-2 well spudding at the time currently advised (mid-February)?

Assuming it is delayed, what do you think will happen to the shareprice when the delay is announced? (Note I'm not asking about the ultimate value of the copmpany as that will only be known once the rotary lie detector has done its job).

What do you think the timing of such an announcement might be and have you considered whether it might have an impact on the success of the SPP?

For the SPP to close early as you expect, people would have to be sending their Cheques or Bpay payments off in the next few days. Why would I send $15,000 to the company knowing that I'm locked in to having bought shares at 1.7c that I will not have in my account and available for trading for at least 5 weeks? I can buy all the shares I might want for 1.7c (and looking like they will be even cheaper in coming days) on the market right now and they will be in my account immediately so that I can hold them if good news is released or sell them if things turn down. It's an ugly sight to see shares come into my account that I paid 1.7c for and by the time they arrive they are trading at 1.5, or 1.4. Believe me, I've done it and it's not pleasant.

How many of the 4,000-odd shareholders do you think actually have a spare $15,000 lying around that they are willing to tie up for at least a month and probably more if the price does not stay above the 1.7c SPP price?

I'm really not trying to be difficult here, but sometimes the significantly increased levels of expectation created by posts that only ever look at the positives of a company can be counter productive. When something doesn't go according to the plan (and trust me things will go wrong) many people react irrationally simply because they never understood that the world is not actually set up to give them everything they want when they want it. It's better to under promise and over deliver when it comes to these sorts of share promotions.

As I've said before, this is all irrelevant to someone who expects to still be holding these shares in 2 years time and thinks BKP will have a 25% stake in 50 producing wells across the Georgina.

It is very relevant however, to someone who is sitting at their desk at work punching "what-if" numbers into their calculator while surfing the net looking at the price of a new BMW they think they will be buying just after the spud in "mid-February" because the price is going to surge to 20c or 30c. I just suggest that these people might want to adjust their expectations a little to account for the other possibilities besides unlimited success.

Cheers

Badfish

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CND (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.005(21.7%)
Mkt cap ! $16.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 3.0¢ 2.5¢ $20.71K 728.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 150000 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 262800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CND (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.