STB 0.00% 40.0¢ south boulder mines ltd

relentless selling, page-3

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    The Eritrean government has absolutely no money- and certainly not upfront money) to buy mining ventures. They pay some share out of profit, so companies get some of their money back that they pay to the govt. Unlike other Eritrean companies, the govt has not said it will buy into STB (I am not sure about the 10% govt ownership that applies naturally under their mining laws- it's not mentioned in the STB update), but merely have profit share, and STB isn't making any profit and still has to fund its own development.

As crazy as it sounds, the play for local holders (or would-be holders), is for the Duketon shares, imo. Not much will happen until the reduction in capital and ex-date, I don't *think* (could be wrong). The trading is thin on STB, the shares are few- and soon to be fewer).

I'd put money that China is watching the STB share price closely, and the Eritrean government, too. With the current market cap, and STB being loaded with cash (forgetting capex costs), I'd be amazed if the company isn't taken out sooner than later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.