BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

relenza-u.s.a approval, page-24

1. 2,027 Posts.
    re: relenza-u.s.a prophylaxis...dank I stand partially corrected, Bendigo, but I still think the costs are small compared to the threat of a pandemic, and the government is willing to pay these costs.

ok, so a 5 day course for treatment can give 10 days of prophylaxis. 2 million courses can provide prophylaxis for 1 million essential service workers for 20 days. Cost at the bulk rate for stockpiling approx $30 per course = 60 million dollars. (sorry rough figures, im happy to be corrected but i'm sure i'm in the ballpark)

Well Australia has already paid this, and for good reason, it can avert total economic collapse and mass starvation in a really bad pandemic. They are willing to pay more, and I would not be surprised if they ended up spending 10 times this amount (600 million) to protect 2 million workers for 100 days. This would be the sort of level to provide us with pretty good insurance no matter how severe the pandemic. Really small change to avert the worst effects of a really bad pandemic, which as has been modelled to cost many billions and even more in human suffering.

Good to have you and your pharmacist knowledge on board, Bendigo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.