ASM 7.55% 73.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

Relevant Media, page-3268

1. 7,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1458
    I am almost tempted to buy back. Agree with you that everything seems to be on track (on face value it seems that way) but SP keeps falling which indicates to some problems are brewing and the company is not communicating them.
    Or perhaps the market is wrong this time - also possible as has happened few times with few companies.

What I think is going on is that western countries can't agree on how to carve the pie. Everyone seems to want to take the lion share and no one wants to give away something in order to gain something else.

Main idea is to cut China from the supply chains. I think they all agree on that and I think most on this thread understand that.

The hard part is the fight who will be producing these magnets. ICE production employes lot of people in the EU and the US. Moving to EV will mean lot of job losses as electric motors require less than 1/3 of the current workforce that is building & assembling ICEs. So, US and EU see magnet plants and any other processing plants as way to avoid massive job losses in the sector.
    On the other side Australia and rest of the world (most African countries woke up and don't want to only sell the dirt) want to build the plants on their soil since the mines are here.
    Now you see the predicament.

Unless there is an agreement, I think China will be the supplier of these products for while. Or unless there is full scale trade war or hot war - which is also possible as there are hardly any sane politicians at the helms in most countries.

And because of that I am still scared to enter even at 95c.

But if there is an agreement then game's on. I think there will be room for few technologies to thrive so ASM should do fine - if there is agreement. However, so far we only see meaningless meetings and empty talks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
73.5¢
Change
-0.060(7.55%)
Mkt cap ! $133.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
81.5¢ 81.5¢ 73.0¢ $629.9K 827.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16673 73.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
76.0¢ 40000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.