ASM 8.05% 94.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

Whilst on the subject of reading , sometime ago I raised the...

1. 1,396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Whilst on the subject of reading , sometime ago I raised the subject of the growing use of Niobium in batteries , and it came up again the other day .
    This article below , on the same topic CBMM , appeared on last nights Press .
    I had a look at CBMM's year 2000 Report ---and it had net profit of 2.8 billion Brazillion Real ...a quick look showed an exchange rate of .183 BR to $USd , so I reckon thats about 512 mill USd ! 25% for batteries , is $us125 M !
    The last breakdown of the Toongi revenue , that I can recall is that about 17 % was attributed to Niobium sales .....and given that a) its extraction has to go thru the Toongi Ansto process ( for oxides ) and b) niobium is on the "probable" ZIRONTECH clean metal process table ----the niobium is likely to be a very valuable commodity production IN THE FUTURE !

Whilst all eyes are on the rare earths /magnets/ titanium IMMEDIATE revenue cash flow , once the Korean Plant is built ......I am sure the ASM BOARD and the Koreans ...haven't forgotten the emerging revenue opportunities from elsewhere !
    Extremely interesting !

https://www.mining.com/brazilian-us-companies-join-forces-to-push-for-niobium-technology-for-lithium-ion-batteries/This edited extraction grabbed the eye

According to Rodrigo Amado, CBMM’s strategy and new businesses manager, the company is convinced that developing materials for battery technology is a very promising segment that should represent 25% of its revenue by 2030.
    We are working intensely with large partners to offer to the market, mainly for the automotive sector, batteries with unique characteristics, such as ultra-fast recharging, in less than 10 minutes, greater stability and safety,” Amado said in a media statement. “Battery Streak is fully aligned with this goal and will allow us to take an important step, allowing applications beyond the mobility market.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
0.070(8.05%)
Mkt cap ! $170.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
88.0¢ 94.5¢ 88.0¢ $301.7K 328.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 93.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 3999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.