religion. don.t you just love it, page-36

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54

How can you ever dispel religious thinking when 99.99% of the population are religious in some form or another?

Even the word "Religion" is bandied around to mean many things to different people.

A person could be classified as being religious in a number of ways.

They religiously go to the Football.
    They religiously post on Hotcopper.
    They religiously read a certain paper.
    They do things religiously.

In some ways it can be seen as a form of devotion.
    It can also involve some form of ritual.
    A specific fundamental set of beliefs.
    Could include a deep conviction.
    Could also include conscientiousness piety.

86, Science could never dispel religion in the sense you use it. I am still yet to see proof that we evolved according to evolutionary theorists from apes. There is still no "Big Bang" proof. Education has taught the majority to believe in Evolution as being fact when it simply has not been proven.

Isn't that the problem with Science?

"relation to unsubstianted stories from eons past."

We have museums all over the place trying to tell us what prehistoric animals looked like. Again, not substantiated by science. There was no one there to take a snapshot.

Mate, i am more than happy to stick to my simplicity of life and let all the so called gurus and experts try to work it out.

One of the strangest things i have always questioned.

Why bother going to a family or friends funeral if they mean nothing to anybody once they are dead? The Greens would have preferred them to be put in a recycled bin. Why bother having a memorial grave? Why bother to feed the hungry if they are going to die anyway?
    Isn't Evolution all about survival of the fittest and fits "Religion" down to a tee?

Lets face it. If the Soul does not remain alive after you die then this life has been a complete waste of time.
    Thats something that Science has yet to disprove.
    Mind you, they won't accept that humans have a soul in the first place.

Everyone has a Soul and humanity is the most important creature on this Earth, above every living thing.

Cheers markco2

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    re·li·gion Audio Help /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
    2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
    3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
    4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
    5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
    6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
    7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
    8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
    —Idiom
    9. get religion, Informal.
    a. to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
    b. to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.
    [Origin: 1150–1200; ME religioun (< OF religion) < L religiōn- (s. of religiō) conscientiousness, piety, equiv. to relig(āre) to tie, fasten (re- re- + ligāre to bind, tie; cf. ligament) + -iōn- -ion; cf. rely]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.