religion: is gold god's metal?, page-56

1. 6,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    Firstly you were wrong about man not being able to make gold. Man can make gold. That has been known for a long time. Secondly gold was created yes. By a combination of elements coming together under certain conditions. Same way everything materialistic eventuates.

"This is nonsense so I won't even go there"

Well if its nonsense it means you have a simply comeback. Where is it? Don't run away. My statement wasn't a philosophical one that can be interpreted/twisted in many ways. It was one based on pure FACT. Gold as a commodity is one of the least valuable. That is FACT! Jewelery only has a nominal value that man sets. Jewelery is mans ego. Gold as a currency has a nominal value that man sets. Currency is only a tool. American Indians couldn't understand why the white fella was collecting gold. It was worthless to them. So why was it worthless then and worth something now? Because man DECIDED it is now worth something. Can we exist without it? Yes we can so how on earth is it so valuable.

"Really? Why haven't they found us, or we found them. There is not a jot of evidence of any life other than us."

I'm not talking about other life forms. Its obvious I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what makes a rock a rock, what makes gravity gravity, what makes water water. Just because something hasn't a conscious doesn't mean it doesn't hold intelligence. If it didn't it wouldn't exist.

"Yes, God made us special, and Earth special, the only place with life."

... and you guys once told the masses the earth was flat. You guys also told the masses the sun goes around us. You guys also told us we are in the ctr of the universe. How can we be in the ctr of something that is infinite. Science has discovered life on comets and meteorites so Earth isn't the only place that has life. The universe has infinite space, therefore infinite chance of other life forms. This bull we are the only ones is mans ego again. If man is so special why is it if we weren't here the Earth would flourish, but if there was no ants the Earths ecology would collapse.

"How do you know that my mind is not open"

Because you are locked into a ideal. Your mind is in a square box. You have done this to yourself because its safe for you to have a savior, something around the corner. The only real security is understanding there is no security.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.