religion: is gold god's metal?, page-70

1. 587 Posts.
    "Yes, gold is so "worthless" it's $1428 an oz. What planet are you on?"

Ophir, the concept which is being put before you is pretty simple (and very true).

Gold has no more actual 'worth' than any other metal, other than the monetary value WE, HUMANS put upon it. Gold is valuable because we say it valuable, it is not valuable because it is gold.

As for your question: "what elements combine to form gold?"

If you had paid attention in school, you would know that gold is itself an element. It is a chemical 'building block' and a unit of pure gold consists of just one type of atom (whereas a compound such as brass, contains multiple atom types). If you are using the word 'elements' to query which nuclear components make up a chemical element, it is simply a number of atoms of a single type with differing numbers of protons in thier nucleus. The number of protons found in the nucleus dictates what element you have, and is identified by that element's atomic number. Using various nuclear methods it is possible to synthesise new elements, or alter an element to change it into another.

You have had multiple links pasted for you in this thread which illustrate both what an element is, and how they can be manipulated. I see that typical of many devout Christians, you have ignored them all. You obviously do not want to know the answer. If I am wrong, and you do actually wish to know the origins of gold (and all other natural elements heavier than helium), I suggest you research stellar nucleosynthesis.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.